June 3, 2013

The prodigal blogger returns...


... with a faux-pensive looking photo of himself. :P

It seems like another life when I wrote my last blogpost. In an earlier post, I have expounded at length upon blogging after long time-gaps. So I'll just say that one can not hold back something when its trying to make its way out of the jelly-like mess trapped inside your cranial cavity. So here I am, sitting on my bed in darkness, at half past two in the night, with the laptop propped up on my lap, and all I'm thinking is, "Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all, to buy the back-lit keys on the laptop..". Honest. Anyway, here goes:

"Live today as if it were your last day on earth" they say. The irony of that idea is that its probably not gonna be your last day on earth, and you will live tomorrow. But tomorrow is exactly when the transgressions that you might be tempted to commit today if you are naive enough to believe in and act upon such truisms will catch up with you. And after you have paid your debt in full, and some more, you might die. At the end of the day, tomorrow. 

My father, in his infinite wisdom, often asserts, 'There is no afterlife. No heaven, no hell. You shall pay all your dues before you exit this life". I must admit I'm only beginning to understand. Its not the death in your sleep that you need to plan for. Its not death that's the problem. Its life. You wont be in trouble if you die. The most peaceful man in the world is a dead man. But if you lead all your life as if death is soon imminent, and the motherf*cking Grim Reaper just doesn't show up, you live just long enough to see the consequences of your actions manifest themselves upon you, and those you love, and more importantly upon those who love you. He probably didn't mean it in this context when Albert Schweitzer wrote "The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives.", but turns out the statement could have another dark side.

The flipside to the argument could be that this could very well be the excuse that you let hold you back from dreaming of, going after, achieving and living a glorious life beyond your wildest imagination. But then it really isn't the flipside as long as the "Live today as if it were your last day on earth" statement is concerned. If today really was my last day on earth, I don't think I would go for some kind of immortal legendary ending. I would simply want to spend my day making the people I love smile. Immortality is over-rated, really. You own today. Its tomorrow that owns you.

Inject your thoughts as drugs into my freshly flowing veins of blogger-blood. I will love you for it.

Love-n-luck,
Av




4 comments:

spiro-de-noxious said...

Very true

Simar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simar said...

Yeah.. True..sometimes destiny owes it all..